Employment Opportunity: Communications Specialist (Full-time/Permanent)
A connecting point between the compassionate and Winnipeg’s less fortunate, Siloam Mission is a Christian humanitarian Organization that alleviates hardships and provides opportunities for change for those affected by homelessness.
Building a community of hope since 1987, we would like to invite you to join our journey. Siloam Mission is currently seeking for a Permanent/Full-time Communications Specialist responsible for implementing the communications strategy of Siloam Mission as directed by the Manager of Communications. The Communications Specialist works in tandem with the Manager of Communications, the Director of Development and the Chief Executive Officer for research, publicity, fundraising, event and general internal/external communications purposes.
As part of Siloam Mission’s mandate to be a connecting point between the compassionate and less fortunate, the incumbent is expected to facilitate and provide leadership to volunteers whenever possible in the performance of his or her duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of Siloam Mission’s social media channel and website content;
- Work with vendors to develop and deliver graphic, web and print collaterals;
- Assist in the writing and editing of promotional and advocacy material, including op-ed pieces, stories for the quarterly newsletter and content for Siloam’s blog;
- Assist in planning and execution of Siloam Mission fundraising and collection events;
- Other related communications and development team tasks that will be assigned from time to time
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, public relations or any related field;
- Minimum 1-year experience in public relations, communications, or marketing role;
- Knowledge and understanding with issues of homelessness and poverty;
- Superior written and verbal skills with demonstrated experience in effective writing;
- Experience managing corporate social channels and online content management systems;
- Project management skills including managing vendors, tracking tools assessing campaign effectiveness, and marketing automation tools;
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience in working in Non-Profit sector is an asset
- We provide competitive compensation and benefits in the non-profit sector.
- Siloam is a Christian Humanitarian organization. Discussion and understanding of Siloam Mission’s Statement of Beliefs is part of the interview process. (www.siloam.ca/about-us/)
- This position is subject to criminal record check including vulnerable sector & adult abuse registry checks.
- Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 4:30 pm, with occasional weekend and evening hours
- Work location: 300 Princess Street, Winnipeg MB
- Closing date: December 15, 2019
Please address résumé and cover letter to:
Human Resources Specialist